How the Fed’s policies will impact gold
In this episode of The Pod of Gold, Nick Frappell & Shae Russell discuss the short position building behind gold and silver, however the longs are holding their nerve.
We look at the Fed’s hawkish tapering then tightening promise to the market, and the impact that will have on both the US dollar and gold.
Finally, we wrap up with the paths of propagation emanating from Evergrande, and how 2022 may bring more doom for the Chinese property sector.
Global General Manager
Group Communications Manager
Click here to listen now.
- 1:20 – Shorts move in behind gold, but longs provide support
- 5:00 – Room for a big move up and Au’s support is nearby
- 6:10 – Silver continues to hug US$22.50
- 6:40 – Ag shorts increase though longs aren’t spooked
- 9:45 – Recent FOMC has increased pressure on gold
- 11:02 – Looks like tightening, but is it enough tightening from the Fed?
- 13:00 – Negative real rates support gold, but a strong US dollar pushes back
- 14:22 – Central banking policies diverge – is this a welcome return to normal?
- 17:15 — Chinese property defaults grow – a large maturity schedule ahead in 2022
- 22:00 — Key insights from today’s episode
- 23.40 – What should we know going into 2022?