The Pod of Gold: Will gold attack US$2,075 again?
In this episode we look at what is keeping gold at US$2,000 per ounce and how big bar demand is increasing despite the elevated price. We discuss managed money’s pivot into gold, how silver’s is riding both gold and copper’s coattails, and why the Fed’s higher for longer rate narrative is about to end.
- 01:00 – Gold has moved above past resistance
- 05:48 – Managed money pivots into gold
- 08:53 – Asian physical demand softens while gold is elevated
- 10:46 – A degree of consolidation within the rising gold trend
- 14:03 –Understanding Powell’s preferred measure T-Bill metric
- 19:43 – Futures market indicates higher terminal rate for the Aussie dollar
- 23:21 – Aussie dollar to face resistance around 69 US cents
- 27:50 – Silver rides gold coattails higher
- 34:10 – Copper’s strength also supports silver
- 36:55 – Poll: Will gold mount a successful challenge to the double top level?