The Pod of Gold: ‘When the Fed is in a tightening cycle, we all are’
In this episode of The Pod of Gold,
Nick Frappell & Shae Russell discuss what fast money and slow money suggest about sentiment in gold, how 'when the Fed is in a tightening cycle, we all are' and the dollar positive environment which could provide a headwind for gold.
Click here to listen now.
- 1.20 – Gold breaks through the weekly cloud top signalling a swing to the medium term bullish
- 3.40 – Managed money not revealing much
- 6.10 – Silver shorts look to be on the defensive
- 8.45 – Central banking policy divergence - Fed leads pivot toward tightening
- 13.20 – Tightening will create a dollar positive environment and may put pressure on gold
- 16.45 – Gold price going into the close on 11th February
- 18.30 – What is ‘fast money’ and ‘slow money’ telling us about gold?
- 21.20 – Palladium market perhaps not concerned about outcomes of Russia-Ukraine or sanctions
- 24.10 – Rumours of a whale in the gold market
- 28.30 – Key takeaways from today
- Book Nick mentions: Bloodlands: Europe between Hitler and Stalin by Timothy Snyder