The Pod of Gold: The bulls push silver higher while gold holds ahead of Fed
In this episode, we discuss the short term roadblocks for gold and why silver still has room to run higher. We cover what the Fed will do between now December and take a look at why the 10yr Treasury divestment is really about the negative carry trade.
- 00:00 – Intro
- 0:55 – Spot gold bounces off US$1,904
- 04:05 – Au trapped ahead of two major central bank meetings this week
- 09:01 – Key price targets for gold
- 11:57 – Silver: The industrial metal with constrained supply
- 16:41 – Managed Money is neutral on silver
- 18:20 – Has the US dollar rally played out?
- 22:33 – The cost of defending the Yuan
- 26:35 – Negative carry trade drives selling of US 10yr Treasuries