The US dollar, war, stagflation and their impact on gold
In this episode of The Pod of Gold,
Nick Frappell & Shae Russell discuss how the US dollar may be nearing the peak of its 39-month cycle, why Russia’s war on Ukraine increased inflation risks and what these mean for spot gold.
Click here to listen now.
- 0:40 — US dollar strength and real yields
- 2:12 — Russian invasion worsens inflation outlook
- 3:53 — Key factors driving the gold price
- 7:22 — What net positioning in the US dollar reveals
- 10:31 — The importance of the ‘little purple box’
- 12:07 — Three bullish price targets for spot gold
- 15:12 — The gold bull is out – but with a caveat
- 18:19 — High natural gas prices risk food insecurity
- 21:14 — China’s banking sector ‘very linked’ to property
- 24:18 — RBA and inflation: Can they reduce Australia’s inflation pressures?
- 28:15 — Key takeaways
- RIU presentation can be found here: