Rates, gold and the market that matters the most
In this episode of The Pod of Gold,
Recorded at the Australian Gold Conference on 14th June, in this episode of The Pod of Gold, Nick Frappell & Shae Russell start with ‘the market that matters the most’, the Fed’s 75 basis point increase, discuss liquidity fears not seen since the financial crisis and how gold is holding up remarkably well...
Click here to listen now.
- 1:29 – Higher interest rates triggered a ‘violent’ response from markets
- 6.48 – Fed have made it clear they will do whatever it takes to reduce inflation
- 9:55 – Terminal rate now likely above 4% in 2023
- 11:59 – Managed money not overly committed to gold, ETF positioning has plateaued
- 15:13 – Silver may struggle if we experience a global slow down
- 19:52 – Point and figure price targets for gold and silver
- 25:41 – Key takeaways