How does the Russian-Ukraine conflict impact the Fed tightening cycle?
In this episode of The Pod of Gold,
Nick Frappell & Shae Russell discuss how the Russian-Ukraine conflict may lead to a less aggressive Fed tightening cycle for 2022, silver’s recent short covering and what Russia’s invasion means for gold in the weeks ahead.
- 1.00 – Gold volatility and managed money positioning
- 4.00 - ‘War drives up the price of gold but the news flow can drive it up and down tremendously’
- 5.30 – How gold is behaving compared to other currency pairs
- 6.49 – Silver short covering
- 10.04 - Ichimoku Cloud for gold and silver: Technical picture for gold exceeds silver at present
- 12.00 – Fed lift-off likely, but not as aggressive as first thought
- 13.45 – Fed aware of downstream impacts of Russia-Ukraine conflict
- 15.00 – Western response has been swift and more hostile than Russia expected
- 18.25 – Russia may lose access to some of their foreign reserves
- 22.35 – How gold performs during times of conflict
- 25.34 – Key takeaways from today